A bitter-tweet experience




I gave in to the temptation and created a twitter account. That was yesterday. Since then I have one tweet and three followers and I follow 41 people. This is what I don't like about twitter:


The whole so-sweet look; the bird, the colour schemes, the background design options. Sorry, not so-sweet, no, not cho-chweet either, but tho-tweet. That's the other thing I don't like: The desperation to create a twitter vocabulary. Here are couple of examples from the right-hand top corner of my twitter page:



In keeping with the tho-tweet nature of the site, I can say that someone's tweet is a 'favourite'. Yeah, I can write a nasty comment but if I can choose to 'favourite a tweet' (not the grammar of my choice), then why can't I choose to hate a tweet?


Lastly, I really don't like the monologue-nature of the site. It's like listening to someone think aloud. Or like reading a telegram. And like a telegram, I think I will only tweet when there is something of utter urgency to communicate.


Maybe that space on the top right corner can add this:


Comments

Popular Posts